What should you be doing to gain that toned, firm booty?
Like all muscle gain it begins in the kitchen. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and ensure that you carb load before a workout. Increase the amount of potassium-rich foods in your diet. Foods such as spinach, banana, avocado and sweet potato are loaded with potassium. Potassium works to ensure the proper growth of muscle tissues. Magnesium-loaded foods such as almonds, pumpkin seeds and chard will help dispose of lactic acid which can build up in muscles during exercise.
Once your nutrition is optimised, try these great exercises to help develop and tone your glutes.
- The Squat. Squats predominantly work your glutes but they also work wonders for thighs, abs and lower back. If you have used squats in your exercise regime for a while and you still haven’t noticed gains in your booty, you need to add weight. The increased resistance is necessary in order for them to grow.
- The Glute Bridge. This exercise works the glutes and abs and is especially good for people who are unable to squat due to back, hip or knee pain. How to Do The Glute Bridge
- The Pulse Lunge.How To Do The Pulse Lunge
- Donkey Kicks. Your glutes, core muscles and arms and shoulders are worked here. How To Do Donkey Kicks
5. Fire Hydrants. This exercise targets the outer glutes, core and hips. How To Do Fire Hydrants